Wednesday 12 March 2014

LIFESTYLE | A Day in Dublin

Before the motorway, travelling to Dublin was a chore. You had two options, a long ass train ride, or a long ass car ride. Now a return trip to our fair capital can be achieved in the time a one way trip used to take. It'd be a shame not to make use of it! My trips to Dublin are usually based around something fun; concerts, shopping, IKEA trips, and this time was no different.

By some sort of magic, my parents and I managed to get our hands on tickets for the Ireland v Italy 6 Nations test match in the Aviva. I figure someone mustn't have wanted them & sent them back to Ticketmaster, because they were really, really good seats! Lucky us! The weather fairies were looking down on us too, there were blue skies all round!

                       

The match was absolutely brilliant. The atmosphere in the Aviva was just electric! Of course, it was fantastic that we won, and by such a margin too, but it was also a great game to mark Brian O'Driscoll's last home game with Ireland! Hopefully now, the team can go onto Paris this weekend, and do what needs to be done to win the championship. Fingers crossed!

                                      

Before heading home, we stopped off at Pitt Bros BBQ on George's Street for some tasty eats! For between €12 and €13, you can pick a meat & two sides. I chose the ribs with fries, and onions. Boy, I was not let down by my choice! I don't know what they put in the sauce but it's magic! They also do really good 'Bun Meals' for less than a tenner. How could you resist? And there is a free ice-cream cone at the end of it all. Who doesn't love free ice-cream?! Pitt Bros are serving honest-to-God good BBQ food, in a fantastic environment, I'm only kicking myself that it's taken this long to find them!

                                 

How do you like to spend time in your capital?

Until next time,
Elle.

Find me on:
Twitter - Tumblr - Instagram @ellebolger - Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment